Friday, January 2, 2009

"If it happens, it happens!"

"WHAT!?!?! I did not just hear that out of your mouth!"

This is how a conversation with the husband went Tuesday at our usual "Tuesday night spot", BWs. I don't even know how the conversation started, but I DO know that the husband uttered, "If it happens, it happens." This remark was in regards to a conversation about us having kids!! If you know me at all, you know that I have NEVER ever ever wanted kids! Sure when I was younger I thought it was fun to give my "future kids" names with my friends, but I have never wanted kids of my own.

Those of you who know me well, know that my husband is 21 years older than me. We both agreed from the start that we didn't want kids. He used to, years ago, but doesn't want them at this point in his life. So you can imagine my shock when I heard him make this comment to myself and our friends a few nights ago.

Rewind to Christmas Eve... B's niece has a 1 year old son. B held him off and on throughout the night. It seemed that every time he had the 1 year old in his hands, another one of his family members would say "Aww you guys need one of those!" B and I would respond, "NO!"

Now, a few days ago at BWs...the husband tells everyone about how his family members kept telling him that "we needed one of those" every time he held the baby.

The husband says he has not changed his mind, so let's cut out this statement from our future conversations..."If it happens, it happens!" We all know that I can't even stand it when little kids have snotty noses, spit up formula, cry in a restaurant, etc. I sure couldn't deal with one of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment